RESUMPTION DATE IS TO BE ADVISED
Confidence for front line staff.
One day accredited course.
Candidates must book in no later than the 20th July 2020.
This qualification aims to provide basic product knowledge and skills in the service and retail of wine to prepare a person for a job in hospitality or retail. It is also suitable for the beginner wine enthusiast and has a strong food and wine matching element. The qualification introduces candidates to a global perspective on:
- the main styles of wine
- the characteristics of the major grape varieties
- systematic approach to tasting
- service and retailing of wine
- matching of food and wine
To gain this Level 1 award candidates are required to:
- complete a one day course at Wine House
- successfully complete a multiple choice paper of 30 questions and a portfolio of tasting notes.
The course is held at the Wine House on Monday 27th July 11am - 6pm
Please note:no refunds will be issued within 10 working days prior to the start of the course. Before that period a 75% refund is allowed if a student cancels their enrolment. A 100% refund will apply if Wine House cancels. Please note there is a re-sit exam fee of $150 if a student does not attend the exam for any reason or fails the exam.
We recommend students download and read the specification here prior to booking.
For all enquiries please contact