The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts. This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
Wine tasting is a part of every session, there is a strong European focus.
This course runs for three days from Tuesday the 31st of August to Thursday the 2nd of September 11am - 6pm with the examination on Thursday the 2nd of September at 4:30pm.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/ Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- The style and quality of wines: made from 22 regionally important grape varieties; produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of: Sparkling wines, Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
Please note: no refunds will be issued within 10 working days prior to the start of the course. Before that period a 75% refund is allowed if a student cancels their enrolment. A 100% refund will apply if Wine House cancels. Please note there is a re-sit exam fee of $150 if a student does not attend the exam for any reason or fails the exam.
Please note that your booking details are transferred to WSET for registration.
We recommend students download and read the specifications here prior to booking.
All other enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org