SIX-WEEK ACCREDITED COURSE
THE WSET LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINES IS A BEGINNER- TO INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL QUALIFICATION EXPLORING WINES.
This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You will gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you will explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
Wine tasting will be a part of every session.
The course is held at the Wine House (133 Queens Bridge St, Southbank)
This course runs for six Tuesdays from the 13th of February 2024 to the 19th of March 2024, 6:30pm - 8:30pm.
There is also an Intensive Saturday on the 24th of February 2024, 11am - 4pm.
The Exam will be held on the 26th of March, 6:30pm - 7:30pm.
COURSE DATES AND TIMES:
- Tuesdays, From 6.30pm to 8.30pm:
- Saturday 24/02/24. From 11am to 4pm
- The Exam will be held on Tuesday the 26th of March2024 at 6:30pm.
Candidates must book in no later than 12pm (noon) on Friday the 9th of February 2024.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, and Syrah/Shiraz
- The style and quality of wines: made from 22 regionally important grape varieties; produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of: sparkling wines and fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- No refunds will be issued within 10 working days prior to the start of the course. Before that period a 75% refund is allowed if a student cancels their enrolment. A 100% refund will apply if Wine House cancels.
- There is a re-sit exam fee of $170 if a student does not attend the exam for any reason or fails the exam.
- The Level 2 course is currently only offered in English. Translation devices are not permitted to be used during the exam.
- Shipping fees are not included in course cost
- Your booking details are transferred to WSET for registration. We ask for your date of birth upon booking to be able to register you with WSET,
We recommend students download and read the specifications here, prior to booking.
All other enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courses - WSET