INTENSIVE 3 DAY ACCREDITED COURSE
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification exploring wines.
This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You will gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you will explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
Wine tasting is a part of every session. There is a strong European focus.
The course will be held at the Wine House (133 Queens Bridge St, Southbank)
This course runs for three days from Tuesday the 6th of February to Thursday the 8th of February 2024, 11am - 6pm.
Please note the course examination will be on the final day, Thursday the 8th of February, at 5pm.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, and Syrah/Shiraz
- The style and quality of wines: made from 22 regionally important grape varieties; produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of: sparkling wines and fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
STUDENTS MUST BOOK IN BY 12pm ON WEDENSDAY THE 24th OF JANUARY 2024.
- No refunds will be issued within 10 working days prior to the start of the course. Before that period a 75% refund is allowed if a student cancels their enrolment. A 100% refund will apply if Wine House cancels.
- There is a re-sit exam fee of $150 if a student does not attend the exam for any reason or fails the exam.
- The Level 2 course is currently only offered in English. Translation devices are not permitted to be used during the exam.
- Shipping fees are not included in course cost
- Your booking details are transferred to WSET for registration. We ask for your date of birth upon booking to be able to register you with WSET,
We recommend students download and read the specifications here, prior to booking.
All other enquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Courses - WSET